Saturday, May 14, 2005

Fundie of the month

Have we already had a fundie for this month? No matter -- turn over a rock and there they are, wriggling in the light of day.

Comes Dr. W. David Hager, a prominent obstetrician-gynecologist and Bush Administration appointee to the Advisory Committee for Reproductive Health Drugs in the Food and Drug Administration. Now it turns out the Hager marriage celebrated some unusual family values: Hager anally raped his wife over and over, then left $2000 checks "on the dresser" to compensate her. (Thanks to Badger for the link.)

In other words, it may well have been he whom Bush was talking about in Bush's often-satirized comments during last fall's Presidential campaign:

We've got an issue in America. Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.

And surely this was what the University of Texas student Ajai Raj was referring to when he asked archconservative Valkyrie Ann Coulter "You say you believe in the sanctity of marriage. How do you feel about marriages where the man does nothing but fuck his wife up the ass?" (Coulter was, for once, speechless. UT -- both my and Badger's alma mater. I know I feel proud.)

So that's what Wonkette has been joking about all week. I read Wonkette all the time but as soon as I see the words "The Nation" my eyes glaze over. I'm not used to finding juicy anal sex details there. And even without the anal rape stuff, the piece is worth reading just for the use of the phrase "Asburian nabob."

, ,,, ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, are you coming to Writers With Drinks tonight? I'm reading... probably early in the line-up! Do come!

Mark Pritchard said...

Wish I could! But I have tix to the symphony.

Writers with Drinks: http://www.writerswithdrinks.com/