Friday, May 06, 2005

Suckdom

If a foreign fascist power ever takes over the U.S., I can tell them exactly where to look for the most pushy, power-hungry, penny-ante, self-important dipshits they can use to help them run the country: the lower-deck ushers at Giants games. They are so aggressive and intimidating that they have people showing their tickets not only ever time they come to sit down, but when they leave. Plus they feel like they have to act as cheerleaders.

I went to the game and spent the last half of it standing beind the lower-level seats. I thought it might be a pleasant change of perspective. Instead my attention was so distracted by the ubiquitous ushers that I spent half my time looking at them. They were in my line of sight a quarter of the time, and the rest of the time I could hear them interrogating meek ticket holders. Ordinarily I don't get pissed off at people who are just doing their jobs. But these shits are just too happy about bossing other people around, and there's nothing more annoying than someone who has almost no power at all doing their best to throw their weight around.

I'm in a worse mood because the Giants lost, the bullpen melting down in the 8th inning. But it wasn't just the bullpen -- they must have left 15 men on base for the game. Uch.

,

No comments: