Saturday, March 01, 2008

Contraction

With her unable to work due to illness, Cris and I have decided we have to pull in our spending, so one of the things to go will be my writing office at a friend's house. That's $400 a month we'll be spending on groceries -- cheaper groceries -- instead.

And speaking of writing, I finally heard back from the publisher for whom I wrote How They Scored. They want a major rewrite. How will I accomplish this without an office to write in? I guess I'll have to go into my dayjob and work there. The good part about that is that after a year of working there, I moved to a much nicer cube by the window. Not only is it full of light, with a view of the mountain right across the freeway, it's much larger than the other cube. There is not, however, quite enough room for the chaise longue I bought for my office. And there's no room at home for it, either. I guess I'll have to sell it. If you're interested, click here to see a picture of it. $350.

The other good part about working at my dayjob office is that the cats don't compete for my attention. And I can't surf the internet -- if you do it too much, an automatic warning pops up, like you're a little kid. Well, so much the better to focus. I've got to get that rewrite done. I need the money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although this has nothing to do with this particular post, I thought I'd leave my comment here because I didn't know where else to leave it.
I've just read your sabbatical journal from Holden, I found it on a Google search, and thought I'd say.. I might have seen you there. I was one of the youth leaders of one of the May Youth Weekends. You depict Holden well.