Friday, December 20, 2002

Biting through in your area

Day 8 of the suddenly extreme winter storm cycle had me running errands, having lunch with former minions Jenny and Brad and hearing some delicious gissip from my former workplace, and grinding out another 1600 words in my novel. I now have only about five scenes left to write. I may not quite finish the first draft by Xmas, but definitely by year's end.

Our kitchen work is done. Now all we have to do is put everything back. If you imagine taking everything out of your kitchen that could possibly be carried out of it, and putting it all in the dining room -- well, tomorrow we have to put it all back. And shop for a new glass kitchen tabletop.

The kitchen floor is now a black and white checkerboard. Cris's idea of fun: "Now we should use it as a game board somehow involving the cats."

No comments: