Thursday, July 10, 2003

Found a job

Though I started this week at the l.c.n.b., it's pretty low pay for only 24 hours a week. So I was looking for something else. And though the church secretary job I was hoping for over the last couple of months fell though, I found another one -- that is, a secretary (or "parish administrator") job at a different church. The pay is 75% higher than at the l.c.n.b. and I'm sure the work will be both more fulfilling and less stressful. Between the two jobs I might actually make enough money to pay tax this year.

But everything is supposed to be confidential at the church job; I won't blog about it. Anyone who wishes to know about the events at the church will have to read my novels in the future; perhaps something will leak in, vastly camouflaged.

I'll start there a week from Monday. Monday and Wednesdays will be rather full, as I go from one job over the bridge to the other, but I want to keep a toe hold at the l.c.n.b. for a while, both out of regard for the friend who got me the job there and because it is another five or six hundred dollars a month.

To celebrate, I bought a pair of shoes. Actually I bought the shoes for the job interview so that was rather in reverse. Then I went grocery shopping and went home and exercised. I'm on a weight loss kick so I've upped my every-other-day exercise to five miles on the treadmill.

No comments: