Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Reader of the month

This week's big kiss goes to my friend Dina for reading the entire ms. of my novel in less than a week, flagging typos and questions -- and did it over Pride weekend. Definitely beyond the call of duty. For thanks I took her to dinner at Spiazzino, a recently opened Italian restaurant on Valencia St. It's in that space formerly occupied by Val 21. The pasta dish I had was great, so give it a try.

Later in the evening I took my first look at some of the articles people have sent me for the next issue of the newsletter I edit for my church. Though each of the articles was written by a college graduate, they're going to need a lot of work. I cringed at sentences like "Living in Danville and working in Berkeley, it is quite a commute to attend the Foundation board meetings" (in San Francisco).

Man. Fortunately there's no solid deadline -- though I would like to get the next issue out this month.

I learned earlier today that one of the part time jobs I thought I might get, at another church, won't come through for some time. So in the meantime it looks like more hours at the Large Nationwide Bookstore Chain.

Speaking of bookstores, check out this 30 Jun 03 story from the SF Chronicle. Some neighbors in affluent Noe Valley have united to pull the locally-owned bookstore out of debt.

No comments: