Sunday, April 21, 2002

 
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp?

I'm still obsessively playing "Deceptacon DFA RMX" off the Insound site, while surfing the web for more about my new fave band, Le Tigre. I also found some mp3 files of parts of the original "Deceptacon," which led off the band's first, self-titled album. I was surprised to find that the original record is just a straight-ahead lo-fi garage rock song, which the "DFA RMX" version is set to a hip-hop beat that makes Le Tigre sound like the 21st century's answer to the Tom Tom Club.

One of the reasons I've been listening to the tune so much, aside from the fact that it's the most wonderful thing I've heard since that song "Gundaam" opened up the movie "Ghost World," is that the "DFA RMX" version is only available on vinyl.  Yes, because it's a dance version.   All right, I can dig it. But who the hell has a turntable nowadays? What am I supposed to do?

I guess I have to start stealing my music like the rest of the world and start with the mp3 downloading. Uch, I don't know a single 22-year-old. Who's going to teach me how?

No comments: