Wednesday, April 17, 2002

 
Thinking caps on!

Further to that bit about artistic savants and the possibility of normal people -- I guess you're not supposed to say that anymore are you? Oh, well -- being able to access similar narrowly-focused, high-powered brain skills: this article from the BBC. Supposedly someone has invented a device to stimulate brains such that users' brainpower is enhanced. Can't stop thinking of "Young Frankenstein".

I don't know why they need that. There's an espresso place just downstairs.

In other news, I couldn't stop laughing at this article in the SF Chronicle about a woman who married some rich goombah from Vegas and is now a "raw food chef." I had to stop reading around the time I got to the part about how she hauls her vegan ass to the farmers market in a Mercedes SUV, I was laughing so hard. Don't miss the pictures, especially the one where she's doing yoga in her enormous mansion with hubby -- on a MARBLE FLOOR! Now that's healthy!

No comments: