Friday, April 19, 2002

 
Rama lama ding dong

I love the Insound website. Not only can I find all kinds of alternative music there I could never find anyplace else, but they have a constantly updated 25-song jukebox that clues me in to all sorts of fantastic shit I would never hear about otherwise. I've just been listening, for the tenth time straight, to Le Tigre doing ... what is it ... "Deceptacon DFA RMX" off their Remix 12 EP. It fucking rocks. It contains the phrase "rama lama ding dong." I think any song containing that phrase should be a number one hit. I haven't been so tickled by an old fifties r+b phrase since Clinton named to his cabinet somebody named Sha La La.

More on Le Tigre here.

Okay, so I'm actually showing how lame I am. Le Tigre was on Terry Gross's show "Fresh Air" more than a year and a half ago! (Go to Fresh Air's site and listen to the Sep. 5, 2000 show. I'm just discovering them. I don't care! They're great!

No comments: