Thursday, April 10, 2003

Iraqi free speech

One of the best ways to get an overview of what's happening in the war is the BBC's reporters' log, which contains excerpts from BBC dispatches from all over the world. Today it contained this gem:

One of my close Iraqi friends went up to an American marine and said to him: "I'm going to exercise my right of free speech for the first time in my life - we want you out of here as soon as possible."

(Scroll down to the report datelined "Baghdad :: Andrew Gilligan :: 0530GMT " on 10 Apr 03)

And the view from Get Your War On is always refreshing.

So what do you suppose Dick CHeney is thinking right now? 'Thank God, my decades-long dream of liberating the Iraqi children has been realized! Now, to cure AIDS!' Then he'll roll up his sleeves and think, 'OK! Let's get moving on that ROAD MAP FOR PEACE! That's something I give a flying fuck about!'

No comments: