Saturday, December 08, 2007

Another obscure figure of the 60s

I was researching yet another obscure point for my current novel project today when I ran across this fun fact. Eva Green, a 27-year-old actress who appears in the new film "The Golden Compass," is the daughter of a French actress whose name will not ring a bell with many Americans -- Marlène Jobert. But perhaps this picture from the film I was researching, Godard's Masculin Feminin, will ring a bell:
(She is in the center in this picture, the only one I could find from the film. Note: The picture I put up earlier today was of the wrong actress. Oops.)

Here, by the way, is the bit of monologue I wanted from the Godard film:
We often went to the movies. The screen lit up, and we trembled... but more often than not, Madeline and I were disappointed. The pictures were dated, they flickered. And Marilyn Monroe had aged terribly. It made us sad.

This wasn't the film we'd dreamed of. This wasn't the total film that each of us had carried within himself... The film that we wanted to make -- or more secretly, no doubt -- that we wanted to live.

technorati: , ,

No comments: