Thursday, June 13, 2002

 

Le Tigre remix redux

Last month I wrote about how obsessed I was over the song "Deceptacon RFA RMX," a dance remix of a Le Tigre record, and how sad I was that it was available only on vinyl. But now I'm HAPPY because the Le Tigre Remixes EP is now out on CD. So of course I'm playing it all the time. The "Deceptacon RFA RMX" cut is totally infectuous.

It makes me want to write songs. Yesterday I was IMing with Jenny, who was my friend before I hired her at this company I work for, talking about another tech writer. "She's totally hip to the scene," Jenny said of Sarah, and I immediately said "Oh let's write a song about Sarah that has the words 'She's totally hip to the scene' as the chorus." Jenny wrote back agreeing immediately. Jenny and I performed together several years ago... A momentous occasion because it was the last time I ever performed my songs. It was way back in 1995. Seven years ago, Jesus!

No comments: