Thursday, July 11, 2002

Heat wave!

Everybody's having a heat wave, but not us in cool, clear San Francisco. Yet another reason I'm so happy I got canned, late in 2000, from a dot-com out in Pleasant-not, where it's been about 109 all week long. I'm sitting happy in my office downtown SF, with a sweater on, actually. Ha ha!

Listening to: The Comas, A Def Needle in Tomorrow, one of the most beautiful albums I've heard in the last five years. It has everything I love about pop music: sweeping harmonies, catchy riffs, a Beatles-like freedom to explore and exploit memes and tricks from the last thirty years of pop. I listen to this album a lot -- just enough not to overdo it -- and it's just terrific.

I messed up my blog template, so this will look different to anyone who's seen it before (though I don't think there is). I'll try to change the colors back, at least.

No comments: