Sunday, July 21, 2002

 

Plugging away on chapter 17

I went into the church in the afternoon (it's Sunday) to get some work done on my novel. I’ve taken into going into the old office on weekends or holidays when no one’s around. I wrote a few notes, then took a little nap on the couch, then went into the sanctuary to meditate a little. Finally when I was just about all ready to go, I put on my shoes and went out to get some water. I ran into the pastor on the stairs, and kind of wondered what he was doing there, and then I ran into two members of the church council coming into the yard. So I figured they must be about to have some kind of meeting. I got my bottle of water, came back, and packed up my stuff and went down the street to the Muddy Waters cafe. I felt a little annoyed, even though they have a perfect right to schedule a meeting, and in fact I haven't gotten anybody's permission to go in there on my own and use the space for my own purposes. At least they didn’t barge in while I was napping on the couch.

I went to work in Muddy Waters, and finished chapter 17, after a fashion. I’ll go back and make it better later, probably. So that’s a 6300 word chapter, the sixth of Part 2. And with the ideas I got earlier this month that give me a lot to go on for the rest of the part, I feel like I have some momentum -- even though I should have finished the chapter last weekend. I would have if my computer hadn’t kept crashing.

No comments: