Friday, August 22, 2003

Can't stomach Demo hacks. Must... vote... otherwise

A friend wrote:

Dear Friends, I'd like to hear your thoughts on some upcoming election issues. I'm planning to vote "No on recall; yes on Bustamante" in the California gubernatorial recall election on Oct 7. Anyone see any reason to do otherwise?

Well, yes, I replied to him. The fact that Bustamante, like Gray Davis, is a totally unappealling MEDIOCRE PARTY HACK.

He responded:

Frustration shared, Mark, but what are you actually going to do?

And I answered: http://www.georgyforgov.com. Now, someone has pointed out: But she's selling thongs on her merchandise page. My point exactly. To my knowledge there is no other candidate selling thongs, unless... I guess I'd better check Angelyne. Nope, no thongs for sale. How about Larry Flynt? Yes, he sells thongs too! It just goes to show there are some candidates thinking outside the box.

That will be the extent of my political commentary for the next six weeks.

In other news, an Ohio grad student gave me a shout-out in her blog; she found me, she said in a follow-up email, by googling Frighten the Horses. Welcome Rita!

No comments: