Friday, August 22, 2003

The famous and near-famous

I just failed to get into a screening of the new movie Tekonolust. My friend Bob Ostertag knows the filmmaker and invited several friends to the premiere this evening. Outside the theater he introduced us to actress Karen Black. Unfotunately the theater sold out before we got to the front of the line, which was bad for us but good for the film, which was completed two years ago and is still seeking a wide release.

So I came home and I'm watching the ballgame on TV. It's all good.

I met Bob twelve years ago when the Kronos Quartet commissioned and performed a piece called All the Rage. The live performance involved Kronos live on stage with a hundred dancers, me among them -- it was the last dance performance I ever did.

And speaking of my friends' accomplishments, here's a piece on extreme programming by my friend Martha Baer, former Wired managing editor and now a freelancer.

And I met both Bob and Martha through Sara Miles, a great editor, journalist and activist. Those are three highly talented people.

No comments: