Thursday, October 23, 2003

Woman at the well

An article from an Anglican paper quotes the former head of the Anglican church, who says he knows of a recently-minted English priest who used to be a prostitute. I haven't heard of any threatened schism over her. I guess a reformed prostitute is less threatening than an unapoligetic homosexual.

I spent yesterday evening wrestling with my Gateway laptop -- now four years old -- trying to finish an issue of the church newsletter I produce. The removable CD drive is sometimes recognized by the CPU, sometimes not; I still haven't figured out how to make it see the CD drive. I was trying to get some graphics off a CD. And MS Word did a major barf in the middle of the job and I had to restart and then wait over an hour while the system performed a rigorous "disk check." I finally finished around 1:30 in the morning. Then I redid a couple things when I got up. Finally I dropped it off to be duplicated.

Then, later in the day, I realized I had fogotten to put in a sidebar to someone's article. Well, I'll fix it in the second print run. The first one had to be done for this Sunday.

No comments: