Saturday, January 10, 2004

Transexuals are the new sex objects

"Maybe these days, the ideal woman doesn’t have to be a woman at all," writes Amy Sohn in a New York magazine column on how uber-engineered girlboys are the new sex objects du jour. She quotes one bombshell:

“I started thinking, When I get older, do I want to be a really effeminate old gay man, or do I want to be a girl and explore all these things that I always wanted to do?” ... The most annoying thing about being a transsexual is that guys always want to dish with her about that annoying topic called What It All Means. “Of course they all think they’re gay. I avoid that conversation. I can’t deal with people who have issues.”

I think by "guys" in that quote, she means "johns." Well, yeah, I would want to have that conversation. Who better to talk gender issues with than a transexual prostitute? Seriously.

And in the same issue of New York, Ariel Levy writes on boy-identified lesbians. Man, I love this country!

No comments: