Saturday, January 04, 2003

Back home again

I'm back in San Francisco. The kitchen finally done, we went to Pier 1 and bought a new kitchen table, cheap. Cris cooked some fish and vegetables and we had dinner on the new table. Fade to black.

While I was visiting my friend Chr, I joked about how I never use my blog for the thing a blog is supposed to be used for, i.e. simply posting links that your friends can check out, instead of sending them email with the URL. So in the new year, I resolve to post most of the links here, except the most embarrasing ones. Courtesy of BoingBoing, then, here is an archive of cowgirl pinups.

While visiting Wonder Valley, a sparsely populated desert community with as many abandoned as inhabited shacks, I caught the desert bug again. That is, I wanted, once again, to buy a place and move down there. It's so beautiful, it's close to the town of 29 Palms as well as Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, and there are actually plenty of artists and writers down there. In fact, I'm a little afraid it's getting too well known. When Chr moved down there ten years ago, it was truly nowheresville, and now you can get espresso. I think it's too far off Interstate 10 and too far away from Palm Springs to ever get too popular, but ... well, it's never a good idea to bet against American sprawl. We'll see in another ten years.

No comments: