Monday, June 07, 2004

A strange, windy day

In Italy, they're agog over a Satanic rock-and-roll murder.

In San Francisco, vaguely anti-something protesters suggested chocolate, massage and barter as alternatives to the biotech industry. Connections unclear.

In England, "Children are confused about the dangers posed by using the internet with some believing it puts them at risk of catching HIV or being abducted by aliens."

In Oklahoma, a mountain lion that had wandered all the way down from South Dakota was struck and killed by a train. For those who have no idea of the geographic relationship between those two states, the story helpfully explains the cat travelled something like 700 miles. I guess if I went that far I'd be too tired to dodge a train too. The best part of the story is the laconic quotes of slack-jawed yokels, like "All I can relate it to is I've run over two bobcats on state highways and one on a county road."

No comments: