Sunday, January 14, 2007

Focus on the fundies: If Parsley touches you, fall down

Really funny account on a teenager's MySpace blog of visiting Rod Parsley's church in Ohio. Excerpt:
So anyway......me & Heath are pumped, we've been to see the Crabb Family once, and it went pretty well & we figured we might go see them again in Columbus @ Rod Parsley's Church, World Harvest Something. So we get there, and the gig starts, and everything is goin ok. We're kinda into it, likin' the music & we enjoyed watchin' what I call the "Crazy Steppers"....who were a group of kids that dance, w/e. And then Rod's mom gets up in front of thousands of people, and I shoulda known things would probably go down hill when she start talking about "Mr. Parsley's Seed" & her boobs. I think she refered to them as her "Double D's". So it was kinda funny, but idk..., anyway....

So Rod gets up, and everyone that needed healing formed 2 lines. I dont' actually know if it was healing or annointing or what they called it, but that did it for me. The message I got from all night was that 1)If you sinned, you were NOT a Christian & 2)If you were touched on the head, in a head lock by Rod, or kicked in the stomach...then you were to fall to the ground. It angers me typing it out, I didn't feel God once tonight, and I felt totally disgusted when it was all said and done.
Emphasis mine. Lots more at the post. Wow.

No comments: