Friday, September 05, 2003

Tell me about your mother

I still haven't really gotten the whole weblog thing. I just saw this funny piece (funny probably only to those familiar with San Francisco politics) and thought, hey, I'll send email to all my friends with the URL. Then I realized: Dummy, that's what the weblog is for. You're supposed to blog such things (which I got from Metafilter, by the way) and your friends -- if they're the least bit interested in what you have to say, much less some unrelated crap you found on the web -- can read it there. Otherwise you're just cluttering up their inbox.

I drove to Pleasant-not and back today, just because Cris had to go. It's my day off and we drove out there together, listening to the CD of mostly 60s psychedelia I'd burned using iTunes. (Conclusion: Much as I like it, Positively 4th St. doesn't belong with songs like Almost Cut My Hair and Dear Prudence.)

Back in the city, I went to Aardvark Books, my favorite excuse to hang around on Church St., and picked up a collection of Dori Seda's comix work. I'd heard a lot about it but never had the chance to see much of it.

No comments: