Monday, September 03, 2007

Progress report

Despite getting an eye infection, not being able to work at all yesterday, and having to work on my book at home today while dealing with the electrician, I managed to go over the 25,000 word mark, keeping my weekly average over 5000 words per week. Maybe it's a little early to make predictions based on the first five weeks, but at that rate I should finish the first draft by Thanksgiving and have the next six weeks for reworking. That's the basic plan.

The next challenge will be drawing out the material to book length. Ten more chapters of five or six thousand words each still sounds like an awful lot, especially since most of them will take place in a single setting (which I have spent the first four chapters getting the characters to). But for now, it's fun.

technorati: ,

No comments: