Sunday, January 13, 2008

Right, that's done

This just in: The NYT raises the possibility that Gawker is over. Me, I stopped reading it sometime in 2005. And I stopped reading Wonkette after the original editor left it. Blogs are not about the subjects they cover or their material. They're about voice. A consistent voice.

I've been spending more time lately filing posts on SF Metroblog, becoming its most consistent poster, though I'm not sure anyone really cares or is reading. I was cheered, however, when a local more famous blogger told me she thought that SF Metroblog did get attention; she was even surprised its writers aren't paid, but that might be because she just got a paid blogging gig. Anyway, I'm posting more there than here, these days, mostly because it's possible to do one or two good posts a day about San Francisco topics but hard to find time to surf around and post the stuff I really like to post about.

However, this is priceless. Some geek wandered the floor at the Consumer Electronics Show -- with a TV B Gone. Now that's anti-entertainment.

In personal news, today I have officially, and for about the fourth time, declared work on my novel How They Scored done, printed it out, and tomorrow I'm mailing it to my publisher. Which means they should be sending my agent a check within a month or so.

Barring any protests from How They Scored's publisher, I'll now go back to work on my India book, which is now titled "Bangalored".

technorati: , ,

3 comments:

Debbie Ann said...

there is already a book here by that title, if it matters

Mark Pritchard said...

Right, you showed it to me. I asked my agent and she said a nonfiction book published in India doesn't count in terms of already having used the title. (Sorry, India!)

Anna said...

Hey I read sf.metblogs! Though I have to say my crime/random angle isn't as good as your sports/local angle. Interesting a-newitz reads it. That's the internet, though, you think you're forgotten and then you find out someone cool reads your blawg. Happened to me yesterday in a work seminar. Congrats on the finish of the novel! Go celebrate!