Friday, January 04, 2008

Today: big storm; tomorrow, big storm; Sunday, etc.

I had arranged to work at home today due to the bad weather that was predicted. But I didn't expect the power at home to be out for 11 hours. I blogged the morning on the metroblog, but in the afternoon Cris and I just hung around the house -- in a way. She went into emergency mode and gathered all the candles and made me help her tidy up the place "so we won't trip over stuff in the dark" in case the outage extended into the evening.

Finally at the end of the afternoon, we went out for an early dinner, and when we got back about 6:30 pm, the power was back on. Nevertheless I still came over to my office on Capp St., where I'm writing this. I haven't been over here but a couple of times in the last seven weeks (but still managed to finish my latest novel project).

technorati:

No comments: