Monday, August 05, 2002

 

Lots of nothing

There are lots of things happening in my life, but they're either not very interesting for public consumption, or I'm not sure I want to blab about them. For example, I had a trip to Newark arranged for September; I just spent a couple of hours arranging to take the trip a week earlier. So what, right?

On a more interesting theme, I want to keep reminding people of the reading I'm doing in L.A. on Aug. 14. If you have ever read this and you live in the area, you get a free prize for coming to the reading. Also, I'm going to be in the area and sort of up for grabs for a few days, so any ideas will be welcome. I've already planing to see the Andy Warhol retrospective at the MOCA the next day.

In other news, I've been getting to know the inestimable Windy Chein of Aquarius Records. If I give her a list of my top twenty or thirty favorite records, she'll triangulate some custom recommendations, she said. That should be fun. Windy, and everybody else at the store, is helpful and unpretentious -- the opposite of the indy record store stereotype captured in the movie High Fidelity.

On Saturday I did another all-day sit at HSZC, and Sunday was a totally ordinary day of reading the paper in bed with Cris, going to church, and taking Cris' aunt to the park to feed the pigeons. There's a tango class practicing in the bandshell on Sunday evenings these days, and our pigeon-related activities make an amusing backdrop to their quick stepping.

No comments: