Thursday, August 29, 2002

 

Watch your step

Last night on 16th and Valencia, I flagged down a taxi, stepped off a curb and stepped right into a pothole the exactly size and shape of my foot, spraining my ankle. Damn!

That scotches tonight's dinner plans, zazen for the rest of the week, and a variety of meetings at work as I sit here at home with a large bag of frozen peas tied to my ankle. (I have recently acquired a digital camera but I don't think you need to see the bag of frozen peas.)

That's my first ankle sprain ever. I'm famously stable and have been known to stumble over (or run through) an obstacle course of stones, roots, gopher holes, city streets, cobblestones, icy sidewalks and practically everything else you might find underfoot, all without turning an ankle and usually without even falling down. But here I sit. So much for my "physical high"!

No comments: