Sunday, November 02, 2003

Back to Sodom

I'm back from a lightning trip to Chicago. In less than 36 hours, two nights of sleep included, Cris and I went to three museums, a play, mass at the cathedral, and had a great dinner at a restaurant called Hillary's Urban Eatery. It was really good!

Then up at 4:15 this morning to catch a nicely empty flight, with plenty of room to stretch out, back to San Francisco. But United has a new pay-for-your-meal plan. Seven dollars got me a cold, stale Asiago cheese bagel, some sundried tomato cream cheese, about four ounces of vanilla yogurt, and four strawberries. Not worth it -- but what was the alternative? One banana -- that was it! A scandal. On the other hand, I was already flying free with my f.f. miles, so can I really complain? Yes, because this is the World Wide Web, the world's biggest complaint desk!

Here's a cool feature article to accompany the opening of the Diane Arbus show at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

No comments: