Thursday, December 11, 2003

A deal

One of the things I pay for on the web is Salon. I've gotten over resisting the subscription model -- for things I really consider important. Salon has proved its worth. They're having a 50% off sale on subscriptions through Dec. 15, if you're interested.

Meanwhile, in the Washington Post, post-columnist Tina Brown -- I'm tempted to ask, nonsensically, "What can Brown do for you?" -- calls this "the post-embarrassment age." (Some would say that phrase applies to Brown's own column.) About the Paris Hilton family, she wonderfully opines: "While they live in the Waldorf and work the New York social scene, they are more like a moneyed version of a trailer-dwelling circus family than drop-dead socialites."

That got me to search for an image that could possibly illustrate the concept of "a trailer-dewlling circus family." I came up with this page and also this page.

No comments: