Sunday, December 21, 2003

More Xmas cheer

I put in an extra shift at the l.n.c.b. yesterday afternoon, working from 1:00 to 7:00. On the last Saturday before Christmas, it was understandably busy, yet the customers were pretty mellow. I was in high spirits myself, flying back and forth behind the counter at the register even though I had worked til 12:30 the night before. "You seem to be having about as much fun as you can back there," one matron-patron observed. "Yes," I said, adding, "and no more." She laughed, but in a kind of patronizing way. Other than that, no particular incident jumps out. Perhaps the constant rain throughout the day dampened people's anxiety.

When I got home, though, I was bushed. I had worked 6 hours, preceded by 6.5 hours the night before, and I wound up going to bed at 9 pm and sleeping til 8:30. Even today I'm tired.

We got an Xmas tree this afternoon -- the rain had finally stopped -- and have spent the evening putting up the lights and so forth. Very cheerful.

No comments: