Thursday, December 18, 2003

Make my day

Looking for that perfect present for me, or someone else you're crazy about? (I had to find a Dremel power tool for a certain someone. What the hell do I know about power tools?) Fortunately, there's Froogle, a Google interface that allows you to search for products by brand name, type, etc.

But you better hope your package wasn't on this FedEx plane that crashed and burned today in Memphis, FedEx's hub.

Yes, I have a wish list at Amazon. But I strongly suggest buying books or CDs at your local independent book or music store.

In totally unrelated news, the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice -- now there's an Orwellian construction for you -- has removed from its web site the last-meal menus of death row inmates. Yes, that's right: a spokesperson said that some people had complained -- wait for it -- that posting them was -- can you stand it -- in bad taste.

No comments: