Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Pump harder, the graphics are slowing

According to this NYT article, "Magicbikes -- ordinary bicycles rigged with networking gear that transforms them into wireless Internet access points, using the wireless fidelity, or Wi-Fi, technology now built into many laptops -- can connect to and amplify the signals of Wi-Fi transmitters in the vicinity. Or they can tap into a cellular data network..."

I'll bet my friend Jym is all over this. A bike fanatic -- I mean that in a nice way -- and an MIT grad and inveterate internet user who has his fingerprints all over so much basic internet and database stuff that you can just name a random person who worked in high tech in the 90s, and if that person was doing anything interesting, Jym is bound to know him -- who know lives in New York, he has to be in on this.

Update: Jym writes:

=v= A minor correction to your blog entry: I'm not an MIT
grad. I never graduated. I was more like one of those bad
pennies who always turns up anyway, a non-student with a key
to the AI lab.





No comments: