Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Stephen Elliott interview

¤  I just stumbled across this interview with author Stephen Elliott in the Nina and Rita Sex Advice column. I was over there because I noticed Rita Rich's name when perusing an old entry on my own blog. And it's funny, because when I met my pal Shannon for coffee Sunday, she said "Let's meet at this new café on Valencia, a lot of writers meet there, I saw Stephen Elliott there last week." So we did, and sure enough, there were a bunch of people working on laptops.

I didn't recognize any of them, but who recognizes writers anyway? Unless, of course, you put them on the cover of your own magazine, as I did with my partner Cris on FTH NO. 11. After that issue came out, we went to the 1994 queer March on Washington. Cris was standing by the parade route when a little cupcake broke off from a contingent, rushed up to her and gushed, "You're CRIS! Hi! I'm FAWN!!"

I'm gonna have to get a bigger image of that cover up.

,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a terrific, hot shot of her. Can't beat being noticed across the country.