Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Look at my friends

Yesterday was such a blogging orgy for me I may not get a lot of new material today, but I wanted to point to these three.

First there is the utterly great post by Chr from Monday on genderific performance art and dance. I love Chr's writing, and she has perversely chosen painting as her vocation. But her paintings are so beautiful, and furthermore, they express what can't be expressed in words, so they are perhaps even more needful.

Then there's Badger, who gets more done in a day than most people in a month. I swear she must be one of those JT LeRoy-type collectives, because I don't know how it is humanly possible to do all that, think all that, write all that, talk all that AND BE JUST ONE PERSON. And yet she is. I bow in her direction daily.

Finally, Marilyn, who writes:

I continue to make good progress here in catching up on just about everything! Soon, I will have to do one of those barricade-type thingies, where I shut out the world and get a huge chunk of writing done. All I need are some new typing fingers, some new prescription bifocals, and a new halogen lamp. Then I will conquer the world!

2 comments:

robert d said...

All this and heaven too and I love it!

Snapping out,

d

Liz said...

Aw! Thanks... I think!

The best parts of that day which would have been the juiciest to blog went unblogged.

Note that I collapsed into bed for the next 2 days, trashed and exhausted. I'm still recovering from that weekend's intensity.

- badgerbag