Sunday, August 20, 2006

All righty then

I'm on my way back from my vacation at a remote retreat in the mountains in Washington, a Lutheran church camp where half the people are from Minnesota and sound like the characters in "Fargo." I have pictures here.

This is the place I stayed six weeks at in 2003. It was certainly easier being there as a guest rather than on staff.

Now I'm in Portland, and Monday I'll drive the rest of the way back to San Francisco. I sure have had enough of families with loads of kids -- not the ones at the church camp as much as the ones you run into in restaurants on the road. If I hear one more shrill two-year-old having a meltdown I'm going to brain him with the maple syrup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know just the Lutherans sound like that, right? No one smirks when the rest of us talk.