Sunday, October 13, 2002

Anti-war action opportunity

Much to my embarrassment, several large anti-war demonstrations have come and gone here in San Francisco, without me even being aware of them until they're on the evening news. Friday was the latest, when several hundred people blockaded, or attempted to blockade, the Federal Building. (SF Gate news story) That brought me fond memories of winter 1991, when me and about 300 other Queer Nation demonstrators filled out a whole side of the building in the demonstration to mark the beginning of the Gulf War. (Are we going to have to start calling it the First Gulf War, or Gulf War I?)

Now I've found a site with information on the next big demo, to take place Oct. 26. I'll hate to miss it, too -- I'm going to be out of town that day.

No comments: