Sunday, October 20, 2002

Weekend

Sitting here watching the uterly wacky second game of the World Series between the Giants and the Angels. There have been about ten home runs in the first three innings, plus a one-in-a-million play in which Giants pitcher Russ Ortiz accidentally hit the bat of the Angels batter on his shoulder as he ducked away from the pitch, with the ball dribbling fair, leading to a put-out at first. That was wild. Now they're in the 5th, and things have calmed down a little.

Jenny's performance Friday night was swell, and so was the showing of The Hidden Fortress at the Castro. I'd never seen it in a theater, and didn't even know it was wide screen. Wow! I also had the pleasure of introducing Dina, up from L.A., to the film.

I'm getting pretty good at telling people about losing my job, why that isn't a bad thing, how I'm making progress on my novel, and how we think we can handle the layoff for several months, giving me a chance to finish the book. It's a happy story so I don't mind saying it over and over.

No comments: