Thursday, October 24, 2002

 

This week's pathetic losers

The winner of this week's award for the most pathetic losers -- an award that has never been awarded before and may never be awarded again, despite the plethora of nominees screaming for attention -- is Two Towers Protest, dedicated to the idea that the title of the upcoming film "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" is "hate speech" because people might get it confused with those other two towers, and that would be "insensitive."

I'm too tired to list all the other losers -- last night was another family-related late night. We took Cris's aunt to the airport and didn't get back until 12:30 in the morning. Then I would have slept in, but I had agreed to go to my friend Sara's house "on my way to zazen" at 5:40 a.m. to get a key. So I woke up just for that, went home and got back into bed, and slept til 10:00 a.m. It's a wonder I'm getting any meditation in at all this week.

No comments: