Saturday, October 05, 2002

Jelly with nuts

Just back from an all-day "sit" at the zendo. Y. was not present, and so we got to gossip about him a little. Turns out others are not happy with his sermonettes either -- I feel vindicated. At least I feel vindicated in the parts that are neither sore nor exhausted. Sitting was difficult today. No good sessions of settling into my breath, no revelations about my book -- just a lot of hard work sitting. "Jelly with nuts" refers to the texture of my back (as well as to the typical regional sweet of a certain mountainous region of Argentina we visited a few years ago. When we asked them to serve us the typical dessert of the region, we got strawberry jam with walnuts. Well, it was sweet.)

At least I stuck it out for the whole day. By the end of the day it was just me and one other person. Two of the residents didn't even show, and a third was in and out all day. The pikers!

Now it's a quick change of clothes, and off to the symphony.

No comments: