Tuesday, October 15, 2002

TV land

I noticed Monday that one of the news channels, I forget whether it was MSNBC or Fox News, now has a slogan, or perhaps it's the title of their coverage of Bush's warmongering: "Countdown to Iraq." But maybe I'm just not very observant. I see a Google search on the phrase "Countdown to Iraq" gets a number of articles returned, most of them about Bush's speech to the UN in September, like this piece from the Guardian (U.K.).

I don't want anyone to think I'm just sitting around watching TV. I wrote another 750 words today, i.e. scene 21b, sitting in a cafe on Church St. Then I came back and exercized, and now I'm watching the ballgame.

Sunday night my friend Jenny, who is also one of the tech writers on the team I was just managing before I got laid off, and two of the other writers took me out to dinner. That was awful nice of them. Thanks guys! I'll miss you.

No comments: