Saturday, March 15, 2003

More marching

I went today to the San Francisco peace march, one of several around the world. Unlike previous marches, this one wasn't on Market St. It started at Civic Center Plaza and wound through Hayes Valley to a park somewhere. I met up with Catherine and Brandy and we stood around listening to the awful speeches for more than an hour before realizing the march had already started. Pictures will be posted tomorrow. Update:SF Chronicle pix are here. Photos by my friend Will Doherty are here. Still more photos here.

Candlelight vigils are being planned for cities all over the U.S. and Canada at 7 pm local time. Many cities, such as SF, have vigils in multiple neighborhoods. Click here to find the vigil closest to you or see more info.

I'm getting the feeling the war will start Thursday or Friday, but what's the difference to me? I don't even have a job to walk out of.

No comments: