Sunday, March 09, 2003

More on secret right-wing Christian group

Turns out that Harper's is not the first publication to investigate the right-wing Christian Fellowship Foundation, otherwise known as the Family. The L.A. Times published a long article on 27 Sep 02. As a public service, I have posted it here on my own website to make it widely available.

Last night I joked that Bob Dole should open his debate with Bill Clinton with the words, "Bill you ignorant slut..." I wasn't the only one with that idea. An hour after posting that, I turned on Saturday Night Live to see their pre-titles sequence was a parody of that event (which takes place for the first time tonight on "60 Minutes"). And sure enough, the Dole character began his bit with those words. But who better to make that joke, since it originated 25 years ago (!!) on that very show.

No comments: