Friday, September 17, 2004

Dept of "Wouldn't it be pretty to think so?"

I have a job interview this afternoon. While the job description is utterly daunting, and depresses me every time I look at it, I'm still going in. And they want to talk to me, even after they saw my resume. I think I'll tell them what I can do, instead of dwelling on what I can't do. Worth a try, even if it is in Redwood City, a suburb 20 miles south. (Much better than the suburb 45 miles east where I've worked two different times.)

Courtesy of the fascinating Electoral Vote.Com, here's a column by Jimmy Breslin suggesting that all polls are bullshit because they only poll people who have telephones in their homes, and not the large number of younger people who only have cell phones. Breslin says that because this young, mostly left-leaning population never gets polled, whatever polls you see vastly underestimate Kerry's strength.

There are 169 million phones that they didn't even try. This makes the poll nothing more than a fake and a fraud, a shill and a sham. The big pollster doesn't know what he has. The television and newspaper brilliants put it out like it is a baseball score. Except not one person involved can say that they truly know what they are talking about.

Sure -- if those young people vote.

No comments: