Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Transition period

Now I have informed my part-time job at the church that I'm leaving, and people are calling to tell me I've done a good job. That's nice. I realized yesterday that it's been a long time since I've left a job voluntarily. Not counting a contract in 1999 that I decided not to renew, it's been since 1998 that I actually resigned from a permanent job. Usually I just get laid off.

Next week will be my last week at the church, where I work Monday through Thursday. So my first day working full time at my new software job will be Friday Oct. 8. I will be a contractor for a while, until they figure I actually can do the job; then they'll convert me.

In the meantime I'm going down there in my "spare" time once in a while. I went down on Monday evening for a meeting, and I'll go down again for most of the day on Friday, and probably on Saturday too.

At the same time, I'm trying to wrap up the HTML project I worked on over the summer, as well as put out a new issue of the church newsletter I edit -- not the church I work at, but one I attend. That's what I'm really doing in my "spare" time before this new job really gets going.

No comments: