Thursday, February 03, 2005

Dream report

I just woke up from a dream with my friends Christine and Jody in it. I often mention Christine here; she was a dancer then and now is a painter. With Jody, another dancer, the three of us had a performance group in the late 80s called Short on Attitude. We staged shows of our own and friends' work -- dance, performance art and theater -- and also ran a low-tech series called the Hand-To-Mouth Series, where people could come in and do 15-minute pieces. It was great Bohemian fun in the Mission District.

In the dream, I was reading an arts magazine in which Christine and Jody were interviewed about a dance studio they operated and rehearsed in. Then I was watching them perform. It was all as if I was back in 1989.

That's too soon ago to seem so long ago. Only 16 years. I'm willing for 1984-85 to be 20 years ago, but 1989, that's too soon.

The weather took a turn on Saturday and we started a period of sunny, clear days, with the days getting warmer and warmer. Yesterday I went out into the parking lot at work to get something from my car, and the warm sun heated my face as if I were sitting close to a roaring fire. It took me a few minutes looking for my car before I remembered I'd taken the train that day.

No comments: