Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Support Litquake!

I read last year and had a great time shmoozing with people, and now that I have an agent* I feel like a real author again, so I'll be attending the July 25 Litquake benefit dinner here in the city. It's a hundred bucks, but where else are you going to get a chance to shmooze with Amy Tan, Po Bronson, Daniel Handler and other local (yet nationally famous) luminaries? It's a tax deduction! So get on the phone and reserve your ticket, too.

* Yes, it's true! Just over two years after finishing my novel Make Nice, I have an agent. Next week she's going to start sending the book to publishers. Exciting!

Coincidentally, there's a piece on Mediabistro today, "How I Got My Agent." Part of a series, apparently.

Previously: A step toward getting the agent

No comments: