Monday, March 08, 2004

Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers

These are the glorious days of Spring when the temperature hits a high of 73, the skies are clear, and everything's blooming. Last night, as Cris and I were just walking up 22nd St. in the Mission to a friend's house, the smell of jasmine was positively hallucinagenic. In our garden, which she had spent the afternoon rooting around in, the cherry trees are budding, and we've had dafodils blooming for two weeks.

Every Spring lately, I'm intensely moved, to an almost embarrassing degree, by the simple blooming of flowers, by the beauty and fecundity of life. It doesn't have to be a garden, it could be any street tree on a sidewalk. Everything's coming up.

Speaking of psychedelic experiences, I've been finally getting with the whole iTunes and burning CDs thing (I don't have an iPod), and I've made three different mix CDs of music that is either 60s psychedelia or influenced by it. [I'll update this entry with a link to the track lists once I get home tonight.] I love that nice woozy sound. Come to think of it, a little real psychedelia wouldn't be too bad either. But the springtime is so real, who needs hallucinations?

No comments: