Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Why I voted for Kucinich

Early in the year, before the Iowa caucuses and after I decided I didn't like Howard Dean, Windy urged me to vote for the Michigan longshot and I responded that if it came down to it, I had to vote for somebody electable so that Dean wouldn't get the nomination. But now that Dean is gone, I basically don't have a preference between Kerry and Edwards. Kucinich reflects my views, so I voted for him this morning.

I also voted up and down on a raft of propositions which I only dimly understood, and that's part of the problem here in California, where any nutty idea (or explotative ripoff cooked up by some right-wing cabal) can get on the ballot if its backers pay for enough signatures to be gathered. That's why I never sign petitions anymore.

No comments: