Saturday, March 20, 2004

Sitting it out, ditto

A gorgeous sunny day, not too hot, perfect for a mass demonstration. Just before 11:00 a.m. I saw large groups of people, fresh from the Muni Metro and BART, making their way along Church St. toward Dolores Park, where the anti-war rally was to be held prefatory to the obligatory march to U.N. Plaza.

I was going the other way. I spent the day hiding from the sun, the crowds, the helicopters, the photojournalists, the street-yoga-for-peace twisters, the ersatz drummers (see 5th picture), etc. etc. I'm supposed to be working on the church newsletter and also closely reading the submission by one of the women in the writers group I just joined. (Her book is five times better than mine and both excites me and makes me despair of my own. After reading her pages I want to go back and totally rewrite mine.) We're meeting on Tuesday night and I need to give my critique.

No comments: