Saturday, August 07, 2004

Shining happy people

So many Britons are taking Prozac that the drug is accumulating in the water supply in rivers and groundwater. But it gets removed in the same process that removes pesticides before they reach faucets.

What the hell am I doing, you want to know. Well, almost everything I do during the week is on this short list:
- Look for work
- Work at my part time job
- Work on the same freelance project I've been working on since May
- Exercise in the basement while watching TV
- Go to church

Aside from eating, sleeping and washing, that's about it. Too broke, and too involved with the freelance project, to do much of anything else.

I still might get a full time job. I had almost given up, but now it looks like this thing at the website dept. of a big bank might happen. And yesterday I actually spent ten minutes talking on the phone with a guy from Oracle about a tech writing gig. I talked a good game but I don't have the writing samples he wants, and besides, it would be damn hard. So I'm never going to work at Oracle. But it says something that they actually considered my resume, which is actually pretty light on the technical writing.

No comments: